In the calendar year of 2013, we have raised $4482.48 towards our goal of $10,000. These initial funds will be used for all preliminary work, such as surveys, initial drawings, site plans, and other items needed to approach the township.
In the course of deacon board discussions, meeting with one potential builder, and much prayer, we believe our vision, while remaining essentially the same, can be met in a better fashion.
Some items the Deacon Board and Pastor Jeff have discussed and prayed about:
- Our current building will be 40 years old in 2014.
- Our current building was built when the prior building was 30 years old.
- There are many items, while still functional, which have become outdated and are in need of repair or replacement.
- The current building was not designed for, and is difficult for, handicapped and elderly individuals to gain access (steps) and utilize (restrooms).
- The goal of a large area for fellowships, youth functions, and extra classrooms could be accomplished by converting our existing sanctuary into a multi-purpose/youth room while constructing a new sanctuary in place of the formerly proposed Family Life Center.
- The construction of a new sanctuary and the conversion of our existing sanctuary will have the most long-term benefits to every member of Dover Assembly.
The Deacon Board has voted to change the proposed building from a Multi-Purpose Family Life Center to a New Sanctuary and Nursery and Offices.
We will continue to keep you updated on our progress financially as well as where we stand with the township.
Before we commit to any construction or debt (if necessary), we will present any and all information to you for a congregational vote.